Sunday, January 25, 2009

Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate Dicamillo


When I read Because of Winn-Dixie I thought, "Wow! This is an incredible book!" It was such a good book. When I think of Because of Winn-Dixie, I think of love, friendship, and just about understanding other people's lives. Between 100% good, and 1% good, I rate it 87% good. Between 1% bad, and 100% bad, I rate it 25% bad, because it was too happy some times. Sometimes it just didn't mean anything to me because nothing bad was happening. But it was still a great, wonderful, meaningful, good, sensible, (almost too) happy, great, great, book.

Because of Winn-Dixie is about a girl who lost her mother when she was really young. And her dad is a preacher. Her mother and her father got into a really big fight when she was three. And so her mom left. And mostly when you think about it, a lot of people who divorce usually take their children with them. But when her mother left, she left her child with the husband. And so one day, the preacher asks his daughter to go to the store to get some bread, eggs, and milk. and that's when her life changes. When she gets to the store, nearly all the employees are chasing after this dog running around the store. And when she says it's hers, she brings it home and asks her dad if she can keep it. When her dad says yes, her life changes.

Because of Winn-Dixie is a totally great book, and I think you all out there would like it. It is such a great book, and it really means a lot to me, just like all books do.

2 comments:

  1. I think I want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great book review! I read this book a while ago, and I loved it too!

    ReplyDelete