Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo


Today in the morning at 10 a.m., I saw the movie "the tale of Despereaux". I must say, It was pretty good. There's nothing really wrong about the movie, but if I were to rate it between 0 and 100, I'd say 80.

What the book is really about is a mouse who isn't like the other mice, but when he got sent to the dungeon for talking to the princess of the castle(which is so strictly against the rules in Mouseworld), he meets a rat who does not eat mice like other rats, does not eat garbage, and even likes light. and he tells him about how he killed the queen by falling in her soup and her dieing by shock and ow he's really innocent since he did not do it on purpose. and when Despereaux finds out that the princess has gotten tricked by the rat, along with the servant that gives her tea every day. the rat tricked the servant into taking the princess to the dungeon and putting them both in jail. the rats find the princess and decide to eat her, so it is up to Despereaux Tilling to save her.

Anyway, i don't want to spoil it for you.

One thing that they didn't have in the book that they had in the movie is this one guy made of vegetables that helps Despereaux get back to the dungeon since he escaped. At first, I thought he was pretty funny. until my mom pointed out that he had no purpose to be in the movie when he wasn't in the book.

"The tale of Despereaux" is an amazing story with complete mystery, bravery, and awesome adventure.

5 comments:

  1. I love the book like you, but the vegetable guy sounds scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing writer for your age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you are looking for a great book that never ends, you need to read the "Harry Potter series!
    with this amazing series of books, the reading never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked reading about Despareaux. I like to read and write books too. Maybe someday you can read something I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A vegetable guy? Oh dear, so the movie isn't like the book!

    But I'm really looking forward to the Roscuro character in the movie. He should be mysterious and evil! :)

    And you write very well for a third grader. Keep on reading and writing.

    Perhaps you'd like to check out my review of the book too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete